DevOps Engineer / Linux System Admin
Guwahati | Full Time
Posted on 25th July, 2019
NO OF POSITIONS: 1
ABOUT THE ROLE
- We are seeking an experienced, proactive, positive, and passionate DevOps professional having Linux administration skills to manage sites and servers.
- Install, maintain, and improve a system with MySQL, Play, Nginx, Elastic search, mail servers, cron daemons, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Responsible for responding to short-term problems and improve long-term architecture and automation.
- Automate server configurations and one should have experience with automating log aggregation, chef or puppet, and other automation tools.
- Monitor and maintain the systems during off-peak hours and help the development team in deploying web applications in the cloud.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate should have at least half of the following skills:
- Proficiency in shell scripting is necessary.
- Experience in configuring and administering Linux systems.
- Experience with server configuration automation – chef/puppet.
- Experience of continuous development tools.
- Experience of JVM based server environment and other scripting languages.
- Understanding or experience of doing server builds and deployments.
- Understanding of security issues.
- Understanding of Web services and cloud/virtual servers along with standard physical servers.
- Well versed with systems like subversion and git.
- Ability to analyze and solve complicated problems.
- Reliable and committed to keeping a consistent schedule, energetic and productive.